Norman Adventures

Merry Christmas to all.  In my most recent order from Baccus I went ahead and got some trial packs of the  the new Early Medieval Norman line.  I painted up the Norman archers and based them in a more 'open order' than the later English bowmen.  This helps to differentiate them from afar, and also makes them usable as generic skirmishers for other armies/eras.


The newer sculpts are much cleaner than the older stuff I have been doing this year and were very easy to paint.  I simply applied a Army Painter Leather Brown primer and then randomly applied from a series of earthtones from the old old Polly-S fantasy range.  I followed up with a brown wash and then highlights with the same paints.  


Next up in this range will be a group of charging Norman Knights.

Comments

  1. Just looking at the Baccus Gallery and came accross your blog. Looks very interesting, though you put my 6mm painting speed to shame LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment