Rehabilitating the Past - Bretonnian Spearmen


Another reclaimed group from the past.  These are more of GW's 4th edition 'update' to the Bretonnian line c. 1996.  The figures mesh well with the Fireforge Sergeants and don't really have a fantasy feel to them.  As such, they will join the similar liveried Archers as the nucleus to an additional Battle to my fledgling later Medieval force.

I really like these figures, however I fear the premium that many people now place on them in the used market.  They represent the bridge from the older Citadel personality poses to their later regimented, now cartoon-ish, look.  They do mix very well with the Fireforge foot sergeants, so I really don't need to secure more than 2-3 to complete the unit.

Comments

  1. Nice work. You are churning these stands out at a rapid rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a lot of this is finally getting the backlog up from November. I have several more units that have been done, pending basing/dull cote for a few weeks now.

      Delete
  2. They look great - and I agree who'd suspect from a Fantasy army. Anyway, Bretonnian and (most of the) Empire guys could pass as Historicals. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I still hold out hope of someday running into some of my WFB buddies from College and playing a game for Nostalgia's sake.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, love the colors and the trumpet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again could pass for Burgundian as well.

    I'll bet if you worked on a reunion game/games, you could pull one off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to. Alas, Angus moved to Georgia and I haven't heard from him in a decade.

      Delete

Post a Comment