Rehabilitating the Past -Knights Panther


The last of my old Empire Regiments is now returned to an acceptable status.  This time it is a unit of Knights Panther, including a standard bearer and the Grandmaster.  These are from the 4th edition re-launch circa WD 146, and make for a striking unit.  As I decided to do my Knights of the White Wolf in Blue rather than red, I decided to make a thematic choice to do the barding for these horses in Black.  The shields are the old center-peg style, and I opted to use a rampant panther from a GW decal set that came out around the same time.  The pennants and Standard are the original ones I did 20 years ago, so I opted to keep them as-is.  

While a project is never really complete, this does round out all of the regiments from my original collection.  I have enjoyed the process enough that I have taken the plunge into yet another 28mm project in the form of my Landsknecht pike.  Eventually I will need to polish off the personality figures, but they will keep as other projects beckon.  


Comments

  1. Oh, those are very nice! I love the "bird cage" helmets! The current models don't have these. I recall seeing them on period paintings for jousts. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like about these older sculpts. They are nearer to the source material, and thus more realistic.

      Delete
  2. Crazy headdresses but excellent brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Near the end of the Middle Ages/Start of the renaissance knightly wear became very outlandish. These are just taking groups like the Teutonic knights to the extreme. They do not compare to some Daimyo headcrests, however.

      Delete
  3. Nice figures back from the day when GW figures were fantasy but not absurd.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment