I'm going back to Cali...trava

A long time between posts this month, but a bunch of stuff finally clearing the painting table.  I've been busy with work and family, so the focus has once again been on finishing up partial projects.  Unfortunately that means a lot of 28mm, sorry 6mm fans.

This time it is my first unit of Foot Sergeants for my "Knights of Calatrava" division of my Reconquista Impetus force.  My goal is to buiild a  Crusader force around my Calatrava Heavy Cavalry.  These are plastic Sergeants from the Fireforge Games Templar Infantry boxed set.  I cheated with this set and actually ordered the Calatrava Decal set from Vini Vidi Vici.  I plan to do at least one more stand of Crusader Foot and two of Crossbowmen.  Following that will be some more CP and CM cavlary.


Comments

  1. Nice paintjobs, Im liking all your Impetus stuff, kind of slowly getting motivated to tackle all my own unfinished projects!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am really enjoying tackling one of the lesser known Crusader armies.

      Delete
  2. Red and black, very impressive! Great work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good!

    Must get kinda hot in the Levant wearing armor and black surcoats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These guys were permitted by the Pope to Crusade in Spain rather than the holy land. Turns out he was mostly concerned with the opponent....

      Delete
  4. We are going to have a table full of troops in our next game, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment