We interrupt these Bretonians to bring you Gunnar Harmundarson


A brief update.  I finally finished this "Hero of the Viking Age" from Gripping Beast.  He has been languishing for almost a year now, as I have been lacking inspiration for his paint scheme.  I really enjoyed the Ragnar Lothbrok mini Gripping Beast did and this one promised to be another good addition.  Unfortunately I just do not like the way the face turned out.  Something about the sculpt and my lack of fine motor skill combined to keep this figure from totally coming together for me.  

With Ragnar for scale.
It is still a nice fig, with a dynamic pose.  Although now I am waiting for someone to produce some History Channel inspired Lagertha, Ragnar, Rollo and Floki minis.

Comments

  1. Looks like they could do with some sun. Maybe a boat trip to the sunny coast of northern France?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Paris is lovely this time of year.

      Delete
  2. A german company makes them. http://stronghold-terrain.de/index.php/viking-warlord-515.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and now I have more Figures to paint....... Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. Overall, he looks fine. It may be an artifact of the photo, but agree the skin tones are on the pale side, so a ruddier tone, or highlights in a ruddier tone might help. His forehead is big, and given the pose, maybe some furrow lines there suggested with a couple of lines of darker flesh tone paint? Finally a dry brush of dark grey (like CC Hippo Grey) on his hair and beard might enliven him a bit more as well. Partly depends if Gunnar is going to be a leader or a grunt - I'm more likely to add the extra touches to leader figure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment