More Mythic Greeks


The Boy and I continue to enjoy reading Percy Jackson together, and this has continued to stoke his interest in all things Mythological.  While looking around at Strategy and Games in Moscow, ID last weekend, we found some Reaper Bones models that piqued his interest.  This figs are fairly inexpensive and easy to paint up.  For about $12 we picked up a Brass Bull, centaur and Medusa.  


First to be finished is the brass bull.  This is a wonderfully stocky model that would be a real brute if cast in metal.  In the reaper plastic it is fairly lightweight and took the primer readily.  I basically primed this guy in black and then built up several layers of metallics starting with AP weapon bronze and then adding in Greedy Gold and finally some old Polly-S Brass.

The Greek warrior is another of the Warlord plastics we picked up that I managed to finish after convincing my son, that perhaps some of the Greeks really did fight with spears.  (Everyone in his stories uses swords and daggers)  We just finished the first book in the second series that includes Roman Demigods, so I am sure I will be adding some Centurions at some point as well.

I am looking forward to the upcoming Dragon Rampant rules as they should make for some interesting games.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It. Is a great model especially as it only cost US $5

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is a marvelous looking brass bull. I'm also interested in seeing Dragon Rampant too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really grasps Lion Rampant well, so Dragon Rampant should be an easy transition.

      Delete
  3. Both are very well done; I especially like the Hoplite myself. And yes, definitely Spears!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment