Confederate Raiders


Coupled with the CSA Infantry I also have these Pendraken "Raiders" completed finally.  These models are much more dynamic than my other GHQ models, which makes up for their 'chunkier' appearance.  

I went for the same hodge-podge approach to uniforms as the CSA infantry as a counter point to my more uniform CSA regular cavalry.

For those looking for a figure comparison, here are the Pendraken figures next to the GHQ models.  They are one piece castings rather than 2-piece like the GHQ ones, and the detail is not as crisp.  I have probably made the analogy before, but Pendraken looking like larger scale baccus figures while GHQ comes off as tiny 15mm.


Comments

  1. Those look good! From your photos, they look much better than Old Glory's cavalry. You can confirm if you make the game on the 27th. I recently picked up a few Blazing Away 10s including ACW horse holders. The sculpting is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of blaze away, now I find them on hiatus. Where did you order from?

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I got the name wrong. You are correct. It is Blaze Away and I got them from Lancashire Games in the UK.

      Delete
  2. They both look fine on their own, but the trimmer GHQ figures are better proportioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am bucking the trend in preferring GHQ, but I just like the clean lines and crisp details

      Delete

Post a Comment